Get 12 months access to a bundle of in-demand courses. This course bundle contains 31 courses, which are normally priced at £89 ($140) or more on their own. By purchasing this bundle, you can save a fortune on your learning costs. Our bundles are the smartest way to boost your career skills!
The Microsoft Office Specialist is a globally recognised qualification. Having a Microsoft Office Specialist certification on your CV demonstrates that you have gained the necessary expertise to competently use Microsoft applications, giving you a competitive advantage when job hunting as well as in the workplace. It will significantly increase your confidence, skills and employability. It will serve to objectively validate your IT skills and assist in your advancement in your chosen career. Each certificate is a qualification in its own right – so you can take just one, or as many as you like. For instance, you can choose to become a Microsoft Office Specialist in Word or Excel or PowerPoint… or all of them if you choose.
An example of a Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
Microsoft refers to it as the “only comprehensive, performance-based certification program approved by Microsoft to validate desktop computer skills”.
Watch this short video by Microsoft to learn more about Microsoft’s range of certifications and what they can do for your career.
What’s in the bundle?
This bundle contains 5 separate Microsoft certification courses, 13 beginner to advanced Microsoft courses, 6 Office 365 series courses, and 7 bonus transition courses for anyone making the jump from the 2007/10 version to 2013. The bundle contains 31 Microsoft Office courses in total, offering incredible value for money to anyone looking to upgrade their Microsoft Office skills or get certified.
GOOD TO KNOW: By enrolling onto this course you will get access to all of the courses listed on this course page. You will not have to pay for each course individually.
Click here to see a demo of the Microsoft Office 2013 Excel course.
Microsoft Office Specialist certification courses included (click a title to see the syllabus):
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 77-418: Word 2013
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 77-420: Excel 2013
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 77-422: PowerPoint 2013
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 77-423: Outlook 2013
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) 77-424 2013: Access 2013
Microsoft Office beginner to advanced courses included:
- Microsoft Access Basic
- Microsoft Access Intermediate
- Microsoft Access Advanced
- Microsoft Excel Basic
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel Advanced
- Microsoft Outlook Basic
- Microsoft Outlook Advanced
- Microsoft PowerPoint Basic
- Microsoft PowerPoint Advanced
- Microsoft Word Basic
- Microsoft Word Intermediate
- Microsoft Word Advanced
Click here to see the beginner to advanced course syllabus
Microsoft Office 365 series courses included:
- Microsoft Office 365 – Getting Started
- Microsoft Office 365 – Administration Basics
- Microsoft Office 365 – SharePoint for End Users
- Microsoft Office 2013 Lync Essentials
- SharePoint Foundation Basics
- SharePoint Foundation Advanced
Click here to see the Office 365 course syllabus
BONUS: Microsoft Office Transition from 2007/10 to 2013 courses included:
- Microsoft Office 2013: Transition – Unit 01 – Getting Started with MS Office 2013
- Microsoft Office 2013: Transition – Unit 02 – Working with Microsoft Word 2013
- Microsoft Office 2013: Transition – Unit 03 – Working with Microsoft Excel 2013
- Microsoft Office 2013: Transition – Unit 04 – Working with MS PowerPoint 2013
- Microsoft Office 2013: Transition – Unit 05 – Working with Microsoft Access 2013
- Microsoft Office 2013: Transition – Unit 06 – Working with Microsoft Outlook 2013
How much does someone with a Microsoft Office certification earn?
What are the employment benefits of getting Microsoft certified?
1. Five times as many high-growth/high-salary positions require experience with Office than all non-Microsoft software skills combined.
2. Twenty-nine percent of tomorrow’s high-growth/high-wage positions require Office or Office-related skills.
3. Eighty-six percent of hiring managers indicate that IT certifications are a high or medium priority during the candidate evaluation process.
4. Eight in ten HR execs verify certifications among job candidates.
5. Ninety-one percent of hiring managers consider certification as part of their hiring criteria.
What career paths are available to me through this course?
- Administrative Assistant
- Executive Assistant
- Administrative/Office Manager
- Personal Assistant (P.A.)
- IT Manager
- IT Trainer
- Desktop Designer
- Data Entry Officer
Do I have to sit all the Microsoft exams to get certified?
No! You only need to pass one exam to get a Microsoft Office Specialist certification. You may choose to train in all the areas (Word, Exel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, SharePoint, Office 365), but only get certified in Excel or Word.
How is each course taught?
All courses are online and self-paced, meaning you do it in your own home, in your own time, at your own pace. Each lesson is pre-recorded allowing you to pause, fast-forward, skip sections, or go back to another lesson if you need to. The lessons are multi-media based, which means video and audio are used to teach the lessons. Most lessons are also interactive, prompting the learner to participate. This might involve answering on-screen questions, participating in tasks, and using simulators as if you were using the real software program.
Are there exams involved and how much do they cost?
After completing each Microsoft course you have the option to become certified in each area. In order to do this, you must sit an official exam. We can provide you with complete guidance on the exam process from locating your nearest testing centre, to booking, and receiving your certification.
We do not cover the cost of exam fees. This is something you will have to cover yourself. The exam fees are listed below:
Where to take
Test Centre Locator
|Microsoft||Certiport Test Centre||UK: £65 per exam
US: $96 per exam
How long will it take me to complete each course?
As mentioned above, our courses are self-paced. Some people finish their course faster than others. If you choose to only do one of the certification courses from this bundle, then it will take you less time than if you do two or three or all of them. No matter what though, you will always have 12 months to complete your course. The following courses are 12 hours each: Excel, Access, Word; and the remaining two: Outlook and PowerPoint are 8 hours each.
What do I need?
All you need is an internet connection and a PC. While most of the lessons work on MACs, we recommend you use a PC for the best performance. Certain parts of the course may not display properly on older MACs. Once you’ve logged into your course, you may be prompted to down certain free plugins such as Java. Just follow the on-screen prompts.